ECC – Emanuele Catellani Contemporary – is an advisory platform linked to the world of contemporary art. We build and manage collections of contemporary art, providing advice and expertise to private collectors and public institutions. Over the years we have worked with art galleries, art fairs, auction houses, museums, foundations, art critics, curators and artists from around the world. Our network is extensive and constantly expanding. We follow each new generation of artists with interest, combining this passion with: more detailed study of established artists; post-war art; the masters of the twentieth century; and historical and contemporary photography.
Our clients include private collectors, art galleries, museums, corporations (companies, government agencies, foundations and banks) and investment funds.
Although each collection, each client and each project is a story in its own right with its own processes and developments, our services and our capabilities can be summarised as follows:
- development of bespoke contemporary art collections customised to the client’s specifications, using our ability to identify artists and works of absolute quality having the potential for cultural, career and economic growth
- development of projects and strategies that contribute to the cultural growth and value of the entire collection, through promotion, loans and strengthening of contacts within the art world
- acquisition and sale of artworks with total discretion, selecting the best channel to be used for the purchase or the sale in accordance with the interests of collectors and investors
- possibility of commissioning artworks, whether for public display or architectural projects, whether private commissions or corporate projects
- management of art collections through the creation and organisation of inventories by means of cataloguing and archiving
- evaluation and appraisal of artworks, handling of insurance matters, contacts with the best restorers, photographers, transporters and professional providers of legal and tax advice
- conception and implementation of projects relating to the business world and their possible link with art through promotional events, residencies, productions, awards, workshops, etc.